- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) OR bone marrow (EDTA) OR tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Whole blood: Transport 5 mL (Min: 1 mL) OR Bone marrow: Transport 3 mL (Min: 1 mL) OR Fresh tissue: Freeze immediately. Transport 100 mg or 0.5-2.0 cm3 tissue. OR FFPE tumor tissue: Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport frozen tissue in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Refrigerated. Fresh tissue: Frozen on dry ice. FFPE tumor tissue: Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Frozen specimens. Clotted or grossly hemolyzed specimens. FFPE tumor tissue: Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5) or tissue sections on slides. Decalcified specimens.
- Whole blood OR Bone marrow: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
Fresh Tissue: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 2 hours; Frozen: 1 year
FFPE tumor tissue: Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006287||B-Cell Clonality, Source||31208-2|
|2006288||B-Cell Clonality, IgH and IgK by PCR|
- B-cell clonality screening
- IgH and IgK B-cell clonality