- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tumor tissue. Transport tissue block or 4 unstained, consecutively cut, 5-micron thick sections, mounted on positively charged glass slides. (Min: 4 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Include surgical pathology report with reason for referral. The laboratory will not reject specimens that arrive without a pathology report but will hold the specimen until this information is received.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2006127||ALK Gene Rearrangements in NSCL by FISH|
- ALK (EML4) Rearrangement
- Lung Cancer, ALK (2p23) Rearrangement, FISH, Tissue
- Lung Carcinoma
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Performed at Mayo