The preferred test for screening for ALK fusion proteins is ALK (D5F3) with Interpretation by Immunohistochemistry (2007324) which is highly concordant with ALK FISH. Use this test if the companion diagnostic test for crizotinib is required.
Fluorescence in situ Hybridization
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tumor tissue. Transport tissue block or 4 unstained, consecutively cut, 5-micron thick sections, mounted on positively charged glass slides. (Min: 4 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Include surgical pathology report with reason for referral. The laboratory will not reject specimens that arrive without a pathology report but will hold the specimen until this information is received.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
88271 x2, 88274 (25-99), 88291
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2006127||ALK Gene Rearrangements in NSCL by FISH|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Lung Cancer, ALK (2p23) Rearrangement, FISH, Tissue
- Lung Carcinoma
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer