Semi-Quantitative ImmunoCAP® Solid-phase Allergen Chip
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory, if possible.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or green (sodium or lithium) heparin.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 0.4 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.25 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen at -20 °C: 1 month;
Frozen at -70 °C: Indefinite
Method Description: The method uses solid-phase immunoassays against 112 antigenic epitopes and measures IgE antibody concentrations in patient serum or plasma. The binding of a specific IgE to an immobilized allergen component is detected by the addition of a secondary fluorescence-labeled anti-human IgE antibody. Results are reported in ISAC Standardized Units (ISU).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2006157||EER Allergen Panel, IgE ImmunoCAP ISAC|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
- Allergen Components
- Allergy Chip
- Allergy Microarray
- Molecular Allergy
- Recombinant Allergen
Performed at Phadia Immunology Reference Laboratory (PiRL)