WT1 testing is appropriate for detecting mutations in exons 7 and 9 as well as for the presence of SNP rs16754 in cases of cytogenetically normal AML.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA) OR bone marrow (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 1 mL) OR 3 mL bone marrow (Min: 1 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Serum or plasma. Specimens collected in anticoagulants other than EDTA. Frozen specimens. Clotted or severely hemolyzed specimens
- Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2005767||WT1 Mutation Results||21742-2|
- CN-AML prognostication
- WT1 exons 7, 9, SNP rs16754