Acceptable reflexive panel for diagnosing myasthenia gravis. Panel contains binding, blocking, and modulating antibodies; titin antibody; and striated muscle antibodies with reflex to titer.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red top or Serum Separator Tube (SST).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 1.5 mL serum. (Min. 0.7 mL) Separate serum from cells ASAP or within one hour of collection. Transfer to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Frozen is also acceptable.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Hemolyzed, lipemic, moderately icteric serum or contaminated specimens.
- Repeated freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
|Test Number||Components||Reference Interval|
|0080009||Acetylcholine Receptor Binding Antibody||Negative: 0.0-0.4 nmol/L|
Positive: 0.5 nmol/L or greater
|0099580||Acetylcholine Receptor Blocking Antibody||Effective November 18, 2013|
|0099521||Acetylcholine Receptor Modulating Antibody||Negative: 0-45% modulating|
Positive: 46% or greater modulating
Effective August 20, 2012
|2005636||Titin Antibody||Effective January 17, 2012|
|0050746||Striated Muscle Antibodies, IgG with Reflex to Titer||Less than 1:40|
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050747||Striated Muscle Antibodies, IgG Screen||49692-7|
|0080009||Acetylcholine Binding Antibody||11034-6|
|0099580||Acetylcholine Blocking Antibody||42937-3|
- AChR Binding Antibody
- AChR Antibody
- Anti-Skeletal Muscle IgG Antibodies
- Anti-Striated Antibody
- anti-tintin Ab
- Muscle (Skeletal) Antibodies
- Muscle nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor
- Myasthenia Gravis Antibodies
- Myoid Antibody
- Skeletal Muscle Antibodies
- Striational Antibodies