• Predicts response to anti-EGFR and AKT/mTOR pathway therapies in a variety of malignancies (eg, colorectal, ovarian, and breast cancer).
• Detects activating PIK3CA mutations in exons 9 and 20.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport block or 5 unstained 5 micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply # 47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connector contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- No tumor in tissue. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- anti-EGFR therapy resistance
- PIK3CA exons 9, 20