- Patient Preparation
- Tissue or cells.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed specimen (cells must be prepared into a cellblock). Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3- to 5-micron thick sections), positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 2 slides). If sending precut slides, do not oven bake.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens submitted with non-representative tissue type. Depleted specimens.
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMISTRY ORDERING AND SUBMISSION DETAILS: Submit electronic request. If you do not have electronic ordering capability, use an ARUP Immunohistochemistry Stain Form (#32978) with an ARUP client number. For additional technical details, contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Ambient: Indefinitely, Refrigerated: Indefinitely, Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2003915||HBME-1 by IHC|
|2003916||HBME-1 Reference Number|
- anti-mesothelioma antibody staining
- HBME-1 FISH
- HBME-1 staining
- HBME-1, IHC without Interpretation (Mesothelial Cell) by Immunohistochemistry)