Follow-up test for complement activity screening when CH50 and AH50 are low or absent and high suspicion remains for complement deficiency.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 1 hour of draw. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. Freeze at -70 or on dry ice immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable: Frozen at -20°C: Unacceptable; Frozen at -70°C: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003305||C3a Complement Component Level||4488-3|
- C3A (Complement Component 3A)
Performed at National Jewish