Predicts response to anti-EGFR and MAPK pathway therapies in a variety of malignancies (eg, melanoma and colorectal cancer).
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5 micron slides. (Min: 3 slides). Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply # 47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer®) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2003124||NRAS Mutation Detection, Pyrosequencing||21719-0|
- Anti-EGFR therapy resistance
- Codon 12,13
- Codon 61
- RAS Mutation Analysis, Thyroid Cancer