Aid in detection of prostate cancer in men age 50 and older when used in conjunction with a digital rectal exam. May also be used as an aid to manage and monitor prostate cancer patients.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red or serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1.0 mL serum to an ARUP standard transport tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Hemolyzed specimens. Any specimens other than serum.
- Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Complexed PSA