- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808). Available online through eSupply using ARUP ConnectTM or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 3 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Frozen specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
A negative result does not rule out the presence of an HPV genotype absent from the test, a low level infection, or specimen sampling error.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002898||HPV High Risk ISH Comment|
|2002999||ISH Tissue Source|
|2003000||ISH Reference Number|
|2003001||H and E Slide Description|
|2003006||HPV ISH High Risk|
- HPV (Human Papillomavirus (HPV) High Risk in situ Hybridization, Paraffin)
- HPV High Risk ISH (Human Papillomavirus (HPV) High Risk in situ Hybridization, Paraffin)
- HPVHI ISH (Human Papillomavirus (HPV) High Risk in situ Hybridization, Paraffin)
- Human Papillomavirus (Human Papillomavirus (HPV) High Risk in situ Hybridization, Paraffin)