Preferred in situ hybridization test to detect high-risk HPV subtypes in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides in a tissue transport kit (recommended but not required) (ARUP supply #47808). Available online through eSupply using ARUP ConnectTM or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 4 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Frozen specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002898||HPV High Risk ISH Comment||48767-8|
|2002999||ISH Tissue Source||31208-2|
|2003000||ISH Reference Number||30896-5|
|2003001||H and E Slide Description||19772-3|
|2003006||HPV ISH High Risk||49896-4|
- high-risk HPV ISH
- HPV High Risk ISH
- HPV HR ISH
- HPVHI ISH
- HR-HPV ISH