Detects low-risk HPV subtypes 6 and 11. Preferred in situ hybridization test to determine potential cancer risk is Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk by in situ Hybridization, Paraffin (2002899).
- Patient Preparation
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained positively charged, 5-micron slides in a tissue transport kit (recommended but not required) (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 4 slides) Protect paraffin block and/or slides from excessive heat.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Frozen specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002895||HPV Low Risk ISH Comment|
|2002999||ISH Tissue Source||31208-2|
|2003000||ISH Reference Number||30896-5|
|2003001||H and E Slide Description||19772-3|
|2003008||HPV ISH Low Risk||17412-8|
- HPV Low Risk ISH
- HPV LR ISH
- HPVLOW ISH
- Human Papillomavirus
- low-risk HPV ISH
- LR-HPV ISH