Use in conjunction with conventional cytogenetics for diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of minimal residual disease (MRD) in MDS.
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL). OR transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Other specimen types may be acceptable, contact the Cytogenetics Laboratory for specific specimen collection and transportation instructions.
If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetics slides are submitted, a processing fee will not apply.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form (#43099) or through your ARUP interface.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002710||MDS Panel by FISH||62367-8|
|2002711||EER MDS Panel by FISH|