Predicts response to tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) therapy. Detects activating mutations in KIT and PDGFRA.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 4 slides) Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply # 47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 50 percent tumor. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002694||KIT Mutation, Melanoma Interpretation||55201-8|
- CD117 KIT
- KIT exons 9, 11,13, and 17
- TKI resistance determination