Secondary screening for systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) based on ANA results.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.15 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma. Contaminated, hemolyzed, or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Some patients with early or inactive SLE may be positive for anti-dsDNA IgG by ELISA but negative by CLIFT. If the CLIFT result is negative but the patient has a positive ELISA and clinical suspicion remains, consider antinuclear antibody (ANA) testing by IFA.Additional information and recommendations for testing may be found at http://www.arupconsult.com/Topics/AutoimmuneDz/ConnectiveTissueDz/index.html.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002692||Double-Stranded DNA (dsDNA) Ab IgG IFA||58466-4|
- Antibody to ds-DNA
- Crithidia luciliae indirect fluorescent test (CLIFT)
- Double stranded DNA antibody
- Native double-stranded DNA antibody