- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides). Tissue block will be returned after testing.
Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 25 percent tumor. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
- c-kit Mutation Analysis in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GISTs)
- GIST Mutation
- KIT exons 11, 9, 13, and 17
- KIT mutation
- PDGFRA Mutation in Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GISTs)
- TKI resistance
- TKI sensitivity