Use in conjunction with conventional cytogenetics for diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of minimal residual disease (MRD) in therapy-related MDS or AML associated with MDS. Use to establish and/or monitor for abnormal clone.
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Whole blood in green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin). Transport 3 mL bone marrow OR 5 mL whole blood. (Min: 1 mL bone marrow OR 2 mL whole blood)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Clotted or paraffin-embedded specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Other specimen types may be acceptable, contact the Cytogenetics Laboratory for specific specimen collection and transportation instructions.
If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetics slides are submitted, a processing fee will not apply.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form (#43099) or through your ARUP interface.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002654||AML with MDS, Therapy-Related AML, FISH||57802-1|
|2002655||EER AML with MDS, Therapy-Rltd AML, FISH||11526-1|