Distinguishes between Lynch syndrome and sporadic tumors with loss of MLH1.
Assay: Sun, Tue, Thu
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report. Tissue block will be returned after testing.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
This test is performed pursuant to an agreement with Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0051749||MLH1 Promoter Methylation|
- HNPCC screening
- Lynch syndrome screening