Fluorescence in situ Hybridization/Computer Assisted Analysis/Microscopy
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Bile or pancreatic duct brushings, biliary stent, fine needle aspirates, or pancreatic juices.
- Specimen Preparation
- Place specimen in Cytolyt® or PreservCyt® fixative vial. If the specimen is a brushing, submit the brush in the fixative. Label specimen with the patient's first and last name, date of birth, specimen source, medical record number (or other unique identifier), and collection date.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected in Cytolyt® or PreservCyt® fixative.
- Completed Cytology request form required.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Effective February 19, 2013
||≥ 5 cells with gains of two or more chromosomes are present
||Cells present with tetrasomic or near tetrasomic signal patterns
||≥ 10 cells with gains of a single chromosome, (Trisomy 7 or Trisomy 3)
||< 5 abnormal cells are present
Refer to report.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
The UroVysion™ Kit is designed to detect aneuploidy for chromosomes 3, 7 and 17via fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). Results from this test are intended for use, in conjunction with and not in lieu of current standard diagnostic procedures, as an aid for initial diagnosis of pancreatobiliary carcinoma.
88367 x3; If manual: 88368 x3
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002452||Pancreatobiliary FISH Specimen Source|
|2002456||Pancreatobiliary FISH Interpretation|
|2002459||Pancreatobiliary FISH Clinical History|
|2002462||Pancreatobiliary FISH Comments|
|2002463||Pancreatobiliary FISH Gross Description|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at email@example.com.
- Bile Duct (Pancreatobiliary FISH)
- Bile Duct Cancer (Pancreatobiliary FISH)
- Cholangiocarcinoma (Pancreatobiliary FISH)
- FISH, Bile Duct (Pancreatobiliary FISH)
- FISH, Pancreas (Pancreatobiliary FISH)
- Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma (Pancreatobiliary FISH)
- Pancreatic Cancer (Pancreatobiliary FISH)