Assay: Tue, Thu, Sat
- Patient Preparation
- For a general FNA collection and smear preparation refer to ARUP's Laboratory Test Directory: Cytology, Fine Needle Aspiration Collection at http://www.aruplab.com/guides/ug/tests/arup014.jsp
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin embed tissue. Protect from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Tissue block will be returned after testing. A Fine Needle Aspirate (FNA) smear may also be submitted. Prepare FNA smear with Diff-Quik or equivalent stain by standard methods (air-dried slides are preferred). Number of slides needed is dependent on the tumor cellularity of the smear. (Min: 1 slide). Slide(s) will be destroyed during testing process and will not be returned to client.
Transport block and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature. Also acceptable: Refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Less than 25 percent tumor. Specimens fixed/processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives. Decalcified specimens. FNA smears with less than 50 tumor cells.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|2002442||EGFR by Pyrosequencing|
- EGFR-tyrosine kinase inhibitor
- Epidermal growth factor receptor
- Erlotinib Responsiveness in NSCLC
- Gefitinib Responsiveness in NSCLC
- IRESSA Responsiveness in NSCLC
- Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) Therapeutic Panel
- Tarceva Responsiveness in NSCLC