Aid in diagnosis and classification of hematopoietic neoplasms presenting with prominent eosinophilia. Does not detect rearrangements associated with chronic myelogenous leukemia.
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate collected in a heparinized syringe.Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL). OR transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Other specimen types may be acceptable, contact the Cytogenetics Laboratory for specific specimen collection and transportation instructions.
If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetic slides are submitted, processing fee will not apply.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Cytogenetic (Chromosome) Studies form with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002379||Eosinophilia Panel by FISH|
|2002380||EER FISH EOS P|
- FISH, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (Eosinophilia)