Limited role in the work-up of myeloproliferative neoplasms in the setting of an otherwise optimal cytogenetic study. Aids in exclusion of cryptic BCR-ABL1 rearrangement in chronic myelogenous leukemia and in the exclusion of a PDGFRA abnormality in cases of neoplastic eosinophilia.
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow collected in a heparinized syringe. Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL). OR transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
Other specimen types may be acceptable, contact the Cytogenetics Laboratory for specific specimen collection and transportation instructions.
If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetics slides are not submitted, a processing fee will apply.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2002361||MPD Panel by FISH|
|2002362||EER FISH MPD P|