Additional Technical Information
- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium heparin). Also acceptable: Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate collected in a heparinized syringe.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL). OR Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetic slides are submitted, processing fee will not apply.
This test must be ordered using Cytogenetic test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface. Submit the Patient History for Cytogenetic (Chromosome) Studies form with the electronic packing list (available at http://www.aruplab.com/genetics/forms.php).
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen; Unacceptable.
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0092616||Chromosome FISH, CLL Panel|
|2002197||EER Chromosome FISH, CLL Panel|
- 'Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia FISH Panel