- Patient Preparation
- Green (sodium heparin). Also acceptable: Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate collected in a heparinized syringe.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 5 mL whole blood (Min: 2 mL). OR Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin) (Min: 1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Paraffin-embedded specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen; Unacceptable.
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth
If cell pellets or dropped cytogenetic slides are submitted, processing fee will not apply.
This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092616||Chromosome FISH, CLL Panel||57802-1|
|2002197||EER Chromosome FISH, CLL Panel||11526-1|
- 'Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia FISH Panel