Diagnosis, prognosis, and monitoring of hematopoietic neoplasms.
- Patient Preparation
- Non-diluted bone marrow aspirate. Collect in a heparinized syringe.
- Specimen Preparation
- Do not freeze or expose to extreme temperatures. Transfer 3 mL bone marrow to a green (sodium heparin). (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Clotted specimens.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
A processing fee will be charged if this procedure is canceled at the client's request, after the test has been set up, or if the specimen integrity is inadequate to allow culture growth.
Although bone marrow is the recommended specimen type for hematological disorder studies, blood can be substituted if bone marrow cannot be obtained. Refer to Chromosome Analysis, Leukemic Blood (ARUP test code 2002290). This test must be ordered using Oncology test request form #43099 or through your ARUP interface.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0097605||Chromosome Analysis, Bone Marrow||50659-2|
|2002200||EER Chromosome Analysis Bone Marrow||50659-2|
- Bone marrow karyotype
- Hematologic Chromosome Analysis