Assess recipient genotype.
- Patient Preparation
- Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or yellow (ACD Solution A or B). OR bone marrow in lavender (EDTA). OR buccal brushes from recipient.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 3 mL whole blood (Min: 1 mL) OR 1 mL bone marrow OR 2 buccal brushes in a sterile, dry tube.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Post-transplantation results will be compared to pre-transplant recipient and donor genotypes, therefore, donor and recipient specimens must be obtained and genotyped before the transplant event occurs.
- Ambient: 72 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
Indication: Monitoring for bone marrow transplant patients; correlation with clinical status and consideration of the interval between bone marrow transplantation and testing is necessary for proper interpretation of results.
Methodology: PCR followed by capillary electrophoresis. Specimens are analyzed using 15 autosomal markers (D8S1179, D21S11, D7S820, CSF1PO, D3S1358, THO1, D13S317, D16S539, D2S1338, D19S433, vWa, TPOX, D18S51, D5S818, and FGA) and one gender marker (amelogenin).
Kit Used: AmpFLSTR Identifiler® PCR Amplification Kit, Applied Biosystems.
Limit of Detection: 2 percent of minor cell population.
Limitations: Diagnostic errors can occur due to rare sequence variations.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0050758||Chimerism, Recipient Pre, Interpretation|
|2001381||Chimerism, Recipient Pre, Specimen|
|2002030||Chimerism, Recipient Pre,InformativeLoci|
- Bone marrow DNA typing
- Chimerism evaluation
- Pre transplant evaluation
- Transplant analysis
- Transplant evaluation