- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed tissue. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained 5-micron slides. (Min: 3 slides) Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport block(s) and/or slide(s) in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Frozen specimens. Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
See Compliance Statement A: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2001539||IGH-MYC by FISH|
- C-MYC by FISH
- IGH-MYC Fusion FISH
- IGH-MYC rearrangement FISH
- MYC, Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Translocations 8 and 14 by FISH