Most sensitive method to detect IGH-BCL2 fusion in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue specimens.
- Patient Preparation
- Tumor tissue.
- Specimen Preparation
- Formalin fix (10 percent neutral buffered formalin) and paraffin-embed specimen. Protect paraffin block from excessive heat. Transport tissue block or 5 unstained (3-micron thick sections) positively charged slides in a tissue transport kit (ARUP supply #47808) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787 (kit is recommended by not necessary). (Min: 2 slides)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature or refrigerated. Ship in cooled container during summer months.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens fixed or processed in alternative fixatives (alcohol, Prefer) or heavy metal fixatives (B-4 or B-5). No tumor in tissue. Decalcified specimens.
- Include surgical pathology report.
- Ambient: Indefinitely; Refrigerated: Indefinitely; Frozen: Unacceptable
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2001537||IGH-BCL2 by FISH|
- IGH-BCL2 Fusion FISH
- IGH-BCL2 rearrangement FISH
- t(14;18) FISH