Preferred FDA-approved test for routine cervical cancer screening for women 21 to <25 years. Optional to use for 3-year cervical cancer screening intervals in women 25 to 65 years; preferred co-testing panel is Cytology, ThinPrep Pap Test and Human Papillomavirus (HPV), High Risk, E6/E7 mRNA by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA) (for routine co-testing in women over 30) (2000136).
- Patient Preparation
- Cervical specimen in a ThinPrep Pap Test collection kit, broom kit (ARUP Supply #12587) or brush/spatula kit (ARUP Supply #40624) available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport cervical specimen in the original collection kit.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not collected in a ThinPrep Pap Test collection kit or specimens submitted in an expired collection kit.
- Ambient: 3 weeks; Refrigerated; 3 weeks; Frozen; Unacceptable
The Pap test is a screening test for cervical cancer and its precursors with an inherent false-negative rate.
The ThinPrep 2000 System is for use in screening for the presence of atypical cells, cervical cancer, or precursor lesions (LSIL, HSIL) as well as other cytologic categories as defined by the Bethesda System for Reporting Cervical Cytology, and is intended as a replacement for the conventional method of Pap smears.
Store PreservCyt Solution without cytologic samples at 15°C to 30°C in the vials provided. Do not use solution beyond expiration date marked on the vial.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|2000554||ThinPrep Pap Specimen Source|
- Pap Smear
- Pap Test
- Thin Prep Pap with reflex to HPV HR E6/E7
- Thin Prep reflex HPV
- ThinPrep Pap
- ThinPrep Pap Test with reflex to HR HPV
- ThinPrep Reflex to HPV