- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 2 hours. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.5 mL).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens that have been thawed and refrozen.
- Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 24 hours; Frozen: 3 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099721||Human Placental Lactogen (HPL)||2104-8|
Performed at Cambridge Biomedical Research Group