Aid in the diagnosis of strongyloides. Positive results in patients from endemic areas may not represent active infection.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min. 0.05 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bacterially contaminated, heat-inactivated, hemolyzed, icteric, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year
1.50-2.10 IV: Equivocal - Questionable presence of Strongyloides IgG antibody detected. Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
2.11 IV or greater: Positive- IgG antibodies to Strongyloides detected, which may suggest current or past infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099564||Strongyloides Antibody, IgG By ELISA||34376-4|
- Ova and Parasite Exam
- Strongyloides IgG