May be used in detecting central nervous system systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), which is somewhat rare, or renal involvement in SLE.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Plasma or other body fluids. Bacterially contaminated or severely lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
30-40 AU/mL: Equivocal
41 AU/mL or greater: Positive
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0099249||Ribosome P Antibody, IgG||13636-6|
- Anti-Ribosome P Antibodies
- Ribosomal P Antibodies
- Ribosome Antibody