Aids in diagnosis and monitoring of glucagonoma.
- Patient Preparation
- Protease Inhibitor tube (PPACK; Phe-Pro-Arg-cholormethylketone).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protease Inhibitor tube (ARUP supply #49662), available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. A winged collection set must be used. NOT RECOMMENDED: Filling collection tubes directly through a needle/tube-holder assembly increases the risk of chemical reflux back into the vein of the patient. WARNING: Collection tubes are NOT STERILE. Mix Collection tube thoroughly. Separate the plasma from cells within 1 hour of collection by centrifugation. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze. (Min: 0.5 mL) Do not submit the collection tube for testing.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 3 months
Adult: Less than or equal to 208 ng/L
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|