Primarily for research and to support attempts to understand the pathogenesis of immune, infectious, allergic, or inflammatory disorders.
- Patient Preparation
- Collect control specimen from a healthy individual unrelated to patient.
- Green (sodium heparin) (patient) AND green (sodium heparin) (control). Also acceptable: Yellow (ACD solution A) (patient) AND yellow (ACD solution A) (control). Patient and control specimens must be collected within 48 hours of test performance.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 10 mL whole blood (patient) AND 10 mL whole blood (control) in original collection tubes. (Min: 7 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control)) Do not refrigerate or freeze. LIVE LYMPHOCYTES REQUIRED.
Infant Minimum: 3 mL (patient) AND 7 mL (control).
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL ROOM TEMPERATURE.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Refrigerated or frozen specimens. Specimens in transport longer than 48 hours.
- Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
New York State Clients: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: Unacceptable
Results are reported as counts per minute (CPM) mitogen stimulated versus a control culture and a stimulation index (SI) which represents the ratio of CPM of the stimulated lymphocytes to the mean CPM of the unstimulated control.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0096044||Lymphocyte Mitogen Proliferation||58722-0|
- Mitogen Proliferation, Lymphocytes