Quantitative Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry
This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 month
Specimens collected just before or within 15 minutes of the next dose represent the trough levels. Specimens obtained within 15-30 minutes after the end of I.V. infusion or 45-60 minutes after an IM injection or 90 minutes after oral intake represent the PEAK level.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0093142||Antimicrobial Level - Doxycycline, Serum||10986-8|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.
Performed at Quest Diagnostics Valencia Inc.