Refer to Babesia microti Antibodies, IgG and IgM by IFA (0093048) panel, which includes IgG and IgM by IFA.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), green (heparin), and yellow (ACD)
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.05 mL) Parallel testing is preferred and convalescent specimens must be received within 30 days from receipt of the acute specimens. Mark specimens plainly as acute or convalescent.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Bacterially contaminated, hemolyzed, or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 48 hours; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 1 year (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
1:20 Equivocal - Repeat testing in 10-14 days may be helpful.
> 1:20 Positive - IgM antibody to Babesia detected, which may indicate a current or recent infection.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0093050||Babesia microti IgM||16118-2|
- B microti IgM Ab
- Babesia microti Antibodies (IgM)
- Babesia Microti IgM Ab