- Patient Preparation
- Protease Inhibitor tube (PPACK; Phe-Pro-Arg-cholormethylketone).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protease Inhibitor tube (ARUP supply #49662), available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. A winged collection set must be used. NOT RECOMMENDED: Filling collection tubes directly through a needle/tube-holder assembly increases the risk of chemical reflux back into the vein of the patient. WARNING: Collection tubes are NOT STERILE. Mix Collection tube thoroughly. Separate the plasma from cells within 1 hour of collection by centrifugation. Transfer 1 mL plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze. (Min: 0.5 mL) Do not submit the collection tube for testing.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Frozen. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 72 hours; Frozen: 3 months
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0093016||Parathyroid Hormone Related Peptide|
- HHM, Parathyroid Hormone Related Peptide
- Humoral Hypercalcemia of Malignancy Factor
- Parathyroid Hormone Related Protein
- Parathyroid Related Polypeptide
- Parathyroid Related Protein
- PTH Related Peptide
- PTH Related Protein
- PTHrP secretion
- PTHRP, Plasma