- Patient Preparation
- Patient should fast for eight hours prior to morning urine collection. It is not necessary to discontinue nutritional supplements or oral hormones prior to this test. Restrict fluid intake to three 8-ounce glasses or less for 24 hours. Make sure no more than 8 ounces are consumed after 8:00 p.m. the evening prior to collection. Empty bladder before going to bed. Collection is preferred on days 18-25 after the start of the menstrual cycle. Do not collect during menstruation. Timing is not important for post-menopausal women. Testing is not recommended during pregnancy.
- Urine, first morning void. Order kit prior to collection (ARUP Supply #40478). Collection kit available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 13 mL urine. (Min: 13 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Separate specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 5 days
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0092253||Estronex 2/16 OH Ratio, Urine||34299-8|
- OH Estrogen Ratio
Performed at Genova Diagnostics-Duluth