- Patient Preparation
- Royal blue (no additive) or royal blue (EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Protect from light during collection, storage, and shipment. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to a foil-wrapped ARUP Trace Element-Free Transport Tube (ARUP supply #43116). Available online through eSupply using ARUP Connect™ or contact ARUP Client Services at (800) 522-2787. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens not protected from light. Separator tubes.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen; 2 weeks
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0091221||Silver Quantitative, Serum or Plasma|
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)