- Patient Preparation
- Plain red, lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate from cells within 2 hours of draw. Protect specimen from light. Transfer 3 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Amber Transport Tube. (Min: 1.1 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens that have not been protected from light. Glass containers or separator tubes.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 1 month; Frozen: 1 month
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0091199||LSD Screen, Serum or Plasma||3731-7|
- D-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)