This test reports iodide, a subset of the total iodine present and is recommended for determination of toxic exposures to iodide containing compounds. This test is not recommended for the assessment of iodine status. Order Iodine, Urine (2007465) for the assessment of iodine nutritional status.
- Patient Preparation
- Plain red, lavender (EDTA), or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.3 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. Also acceptable: Room temperature or frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes.
- Ambient: 2 weeks; Refrigerated: 2 weeks; Frozen: 8 months
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090693||Iodide Quantitative, Serum or Plasma||59697-3|
- White Cross
Performed at National Medical Services (NMS)