- Patient Preparation
- Draw 30 minutes following completion of infusion.
- Plain red. Also acceptable: Heparinized plasma.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely. Separate serum or plasma from cells. Transfer 1 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. If transport is prolonged: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Separator tubes. Plasma collected in the presence of citrate or oxalate/fluoride or EDTA. Hemolyzed specimens. Frozen samples.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 24 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 weeks (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Toxic: > 12.0 µg/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Garamycin Peak Level
- Gentamicin Antibiotic Assay
- Gentamicin Peak Level