- Patient Preparation
- Draw 30 minutes following completion of drug infusion.
- Plain red. Also acceptable: Green (sodium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells within one hour of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.5 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Refrigerated. If transport is prolonged: Frozen.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Specimens collected in citrate or oxalate/fluoride. Specimens exposed to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 4 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 2 weeks (Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Toxic: 30.1 µg/mL or greater
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Amikacin Sulfate
- Amikacin, aminoglycoside
- Amikacin, Peak, Serum