May be useful to monitor chronic cyanide exposure. To monitor individuals receiving cyanide producing medications such as nitroprusside, Thiocyanate, Serum or Plasma (2011575) is preferred.
- Patient Preparation
- 24-hour urine. Specimen must be refrigerated during collection.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 25 mL aliquot from a well-mixed, 24-hour urine. (Min: 2 mL) Record total volume and collection time on transport tube and test request form.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Collection time less than 6 hours.
- Ambient: 5 days; Refrigerated: 5 days; Frozen: 5 days
Smoker: 7-17 mg/d
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0090062||Thiocyanate, Urine - per 24h||38427-1|
|0090066||Thiocyanate, Urine - per volume||3004-9|
- thiocyanate concentration