This test is New York DOH approved.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube.
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 0.5 mL serum to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- CRITICAL FROZEN. Additional specimens must be submitted when multiple tests are ordered.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Non-frozen specimens.
- Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: Unacceptable; Frozen: 1 month
Samples lose up to 25% LASA in 24 hours if left at room temperature.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0080467||Lipid Associated Sialic Acid|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, please click the sidebar link to access the Interface Map.