May be used for infertility evaluation. Use to differentiate ovarian tumor with normal CA-125 from stromal or mucinous epithelial tumor. May be used for monitoring recurrence of stromal ovarian tumors.
- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube or plain red.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport 0.5 mL serum. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Room temperature specimens. Hemolyzed or lipemic specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen 1 month
|0-6 yrs: 40-630 pg/mL|
7-10 yrs :35-170 pg/mL
11-18 yrs: 50-475 pg/mL
19-45 yrs: 40-450 pg/mL
Greater than or equal to 46 years: less than 200 pg/mL
|0-6 years: less than 73 pg/mL|
7-10 years: less than 130 pg/mL
11-12 years: less than 186 pg/mL
13-18 years: less than 360 pg/mL
Pre-menopausal: less than 290 pg/mL
Follicular phase: 10-290 pg/mL
Post-menopausal: less than or equal to 16 pg/mL
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|