Aids in the detection of insulinoma. Do not use to diagnose diabetes mellitus.
Quantitative Chemiluminescent Immunoassay
Specimens from New York clients will be sent out to a New York DOH approved laboratory.
- Patient Preparation
- Patient must fast for 12-15 hours prior to collection.
- Serum separator tube or plain red. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA) or pink (K2EDTA).
- Specimen Preparation
- Separate serum or plasma from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube and freeze immediately. (Min: 0.2 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Grossly hemolyzed specimens.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: Unacceptable; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: 2 months (avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles)
Effective November 18, 2013
|18 years and older
||Less than or equal to 28.9 pmol/L
See Compliance Statement D: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
* Component test codes cannot be used to order tests. The information provided here is not sufficient for interface builds; for a complete test mix, contact interface support at firstname.lastname@example.org.