- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF (refer to Beta-hCG, Quantitative (Tumor Marker) CSF, ARUP test code 0020730). Specimens left to clot at 2-8°C or specimens subjected to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
Female: 0-5 IU/L
The combination of the specific monoclonal antibodies used in the Roche Beta HCG electrochemiluminescent immunoassay recognize the holo-hormone, "nicked" forms of hCG, the beta-core fragment, and the free beta-subunit. Although this assay is FDA cleared for use in the detection of pregnancy, it is not labeled for use as a tumor marker.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name|
|0070029||Beta-hCG Quant Tumor Marker|
- Beta-HCG levels
- Beta-HCG serum concentration
- Beta-HCG, serum
- human chorioinic gonadotropin, serum