- Patient Preparation
- Serum separator tube. Also acceptable: Lavender (EDTA), pink (K2EDTA), or green (sodium or lithium heparin).
- Specimen Preparation
- Allow specimen to clot completely at room temperature. Separate serum from cells ASAP or within 2 hours of collection. Transfer 1 mL serum or plasma to an ARUP Standard Transport Tube. (Min: 0.4 mL)
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Unacceptable Conditions
- CSF (refer to Beta-hCG, Quantitative (Tumor Marker) CSF, ARUP test code 0020730). Specimens left to clot at 2-8°C or specimens subjected to repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- After separation from cells: Ambient: 8 hours; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: 1 year
Female: 0-5 IU/L
The combination of the specific monoclonal antibodies used in the Roche Beta HCG electrochemiluminescent immunoassay recognize the holo-hormone, "nicked" forms of hCG, the beta-core fragment, and the free beta-subunit. Results obtained with different test methods or kits cannot be used interchangeably. Although this assay is FDA cleared for use in the detection of pregnancy, it is not labeled for use as a tumor marker.
See Compliance Statement B: www.aruplab.com/CS
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0070029||Beta-hCG Quant Tumor Marker||21198-7|
- Beta-HCG levels
- Beta-HCG serum concentration
- Beta-HCG, serum
- human chorioinic gonadotropin, serum