Determine in vitro susceptibility to antimicrobial agents for extended spectrum beta lactamase producing-organisms.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing E. coli, Klebsiella species, or Proteus mirabilis in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant or in bacterial transport media. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 48 hours; Frozen: Unacceptable
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
|0063999||Susceptibility, ESBL Screen||6984-9|
- beta lacatamase susceptibility
- Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase Susceptibility