Determine in vitro susceptibility to antimicrobial agents for Staphylococcus spp. For mecA gene testing, refer to Antimicrobial Susceptibility - mecA Gene by PCR (0060211).
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing isolate in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in an individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
For mecA gene testing, refer to Antimicrobial Susceptibility - mecA Gene by PCR (0060211).
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- antibiotic sensitivity
- antibiotic susceptibility
- bacterial susceptibility testing
- Staphylococcus sensitivity
- staphylococcus susceptibility
- Staphylococcus Susceptibility Panel