Determine in vitro susceptibility to antimicrobial agents for nonfermenting gram negative bacterial organisms.
- Patient Preparation
- Actively growing isolate in pure culture.
- Specimen Preparation
- Transport sealed container with pure culture on agar slant. Place each specimen in individually sealed bag.
- Storage/Transport Temperature
- Room temperature.
- Unacceptable Conditions
- Mixed cultures or non-viable organisms.
- Isolate identification and specimen source required.
- Ambient: 1 week; Refrigerated: 1 week; Frozen: Unacceptable
The following agents are available for testing: amikacin, ampicillin/sulbactam, aztreonam, cefepime, ceftazidime, ciprofloxacin, gentamicin, imipenem, levofloxacin, meropenem, minocycline, piperacillin/tazobactam, ticarcillin/clavulanic acid, tobramycin, and trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole. Selective reporting by organism and source.
An additional processing fee will be billed for all organisms not submitted in pure culture, as indicated in the specimen requirements.
If species identification is not provided, identification will be performed at ARUP. Additional charges apply.
|Component Test Code*||Component Chart Name||LOINC|
- Burkholderia cepacia
- Non-lactose fermenters
- Nonfermenter Susceptibility Panel
- Pseudomonas species
- Pseudomonas/Acinetobacter Susceptibility Panel
- Stenotrophomonas maltophilia